Pythagorean Theorem Made Easy!!!
Today I taught my 7th and 8th period how to use the distance formula to speed up Pythagorean theorem problems. To my surprise they took rather well to it. After a discussion as to the origins of the formula they were off to the races.

8 Comments:
I think you taught it well!
Your Student
Wednesday, November 08, 2006 2:47:00 PM
the distance formula does speed up the pythagorean theorem. i'm glad you taught it , because it helps a lot! -abbie allen
P.S. i like your blog! it's pretty cool!
Wednesday, November 08, 2006 3:12:00 PM
Yes it does speed up your math and teaches you not to rely on graph paper to count it.
Wednesday, November 08, 2006 4:03:00 PM
I dont think we needed to know the distance formula yet, because I could have used the old way even without the graphs.
Wednesday, November 08, 2006 4:26:00 PM
i thought it was a big relief when we learned the distane formula at first but then i saw it was just an equation where you had to do the exact same thing the hard way. its just in a formula minus the counting.i just want to know y didn't you just teach us the formula in stead of making us do it the hard way?
Thursday, November 09, 2006 5:55:00 PM
Yea the 2nd way u taught us made it SOOOOOOO much easier! I, to my surprise, really like the pythagorean theorem! wow that was really weird lol
Friday, November 10, 2006 4:00:00 PM
I'm glad you tought us the distance formula. I missed almost all of the questions on my homework when i had to use the graph paper, but when i learned the distance formula i only missed a few on the homework. Thanx
Wednesday, November 29, 2006 4:43:00 PM
Hey Mr. B, I think it's about time to update your blog again because i went through every page and left a comment and now i'm bored! I don't really talk on the phone much so this is how i feel connected. Your blog is really cool!!!
Wednesday, November 29, 2006 4:47:00 PM
Post a Comment
<< Home