Mr. B's Math blog is designed to be an open forum for math discussion.

Friday, November 10, 2006

Veteran's Day Thoughts

War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse. The person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself.
-John Stewart Mill

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

that is really good saying...it makes me feel proud to be in this country! shaylyn

Friday, November 10, 2006 4:25:00 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

it is a really good saying but its really confusing and has a lot of big words!
shelby

Friday, November 10, 2006 6:26:00 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I like that saying. I has a lot of meaning once you get past all of the confusing words.
Tracy

Friday, November 10, 2006 8:24:00 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have to agree with Shelby, it's pretty confusing but you understand what he is saying if you take out the big words.
WAB

Friday, November 10, 2006 9:19:00 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i also think that it is a really good saying too. my dad is a veteran so i know what you r saying when you say that war is an ugly thing!!! Layla

Friday, November 17, 2006 9:02:00 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I agree with everyone else. I think that it is a really good qoute but it has a lot of confusing words. I don't really know a lot about war because my family doesn't talk about it and I don't know anyone that has been or is in war. Anonymous

Wednesday, November 29, 2006 4:10:00 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home