Mr. B's Math blog is designed to be an open forum for math discussion.

Friday, November 10, 2006

Jim "Basketball" Jones

Jim "Basketball" Jones visited EMS today for a afternoon convocation. Needless to say I had a good time, learned that I am a fairly good listener, and that Mr. Haniford is a good sport. Jim's personal testimony is inspiring and encouraged me to not give up even when things seem hard or impossible. What did you think of Jim?

13 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jim "Basketball" Jones was pretty talented and had a lot of good advice! -Abbie Allen
P.S. Mr. Beesley, you were awesome during "Simon syas" today! :)

Friday, November 10, 2006 3:00:00 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mr. B stop got ya simon didnt say to stop.

Friday, November 10, 2006 3:44:00 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

He was awesome! So were u Mr. Beesley!

Friday, November 10, 2006 3:49:00 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i really liked him! and you were a very good listener in simon says mr.b! i learned alot from the ending speech..shaylyn

Friday, November 10, 2006 4:24:00 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

jim jones had some mad skills lol. you were pretty good in simon says. i thought his overall message was really inspiring too.

Friday, November 10, 2006 6:24:00 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I thought the performance and speech were both very impressive. I like that he interacted with the audience that much. Ifeel bad for Mr. H though b/c that looked like a really hard fall. :p lol well, i wouldnt have lasted 1 second in simon says so, GOOD JOB MR. B!!! p.s. why does everyone call you mr. b on your blog, but mr beesley in real life?
Tracy

Friday, November 10, 2006 8:28:00 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I like Jim, he was good at basketball. I like how he turned a lesson into a fun game. Mr. B, you did a whole lot better at Simon says than I did. You also were a good coach for Blake. I think the funniest thing of the evening was when Mr. Haniford fell on Jim.

Friday, November 10, 2006 9:26:00 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jim did a good job of getting his messahe across subtlely. The kids had a good time. He kept their attention--which is more than I can do some days!!!!

Saturday, November 11, 2006 6:25:00 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i really liked him! it was a fun convocation because instead of us sitting and listening to somebody talk we got to do things.

Sunday, November 12, 2006 8:07:00 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i totally agree with you niki!! shaylyn

Sunday, November 12, 2006 12:55:00 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey has got some pretty sweet moves up his sleeves.

Thursday, November 16, 2006 7:52:00 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

he was assume its cool how he had dilexic and still had time to try and work on all the basketball tricks that he showed us

Friday, November 17, 2006 9:04:00 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think it was pretty cool that even after the hard life he had, he comes to schools to inspire kids (in a more entertaining way than most convocations,lol!) All those tricks he could do were cool too. His story made me feel sorry for him too but he made a great comeback.

Wednesday, November 29, 2006 4:32:00 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home