Mr. B's Math blog is designed to be an open forum for math discussion.

Monday, November 20, 2006

Thoughts of Thanksgiving

Teachers (and students) relish vacations, such as the week of Thanksgiving, where a tiny break in the action is given to get some much needed "RRR" (Rest, Relax, and to Recover). Teachers need breaks, just as students do, but why do we really stop and take two days this week?

Its because we are thankful, or at least should be. As a nation, we are blessed!! We have more "_______" (you fill in the blank) than any nation, or people group, yet often we feel as if our "blessedness" is deserved, rather than having a sense of appreciation for what we have received. Genuine thankfulness is sometimes hard to come by in people.

What are you thankful for? (Save the pat canned answers please)

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

what does pat canned answer mean?

Wednesday, November 22, 2006 3:15:00 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

well...i will answer this when i find out what pat canned means

Thursday, November 23, 2006 9:18:00 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

"pat canned" answers are the type of response that you would expect anybody to say. "I am thankful for my parents." Ok, great, so am I, but why? What makes you thankful? What did they due that made you thankful?

I am trying to avoid answers where little thought is given to as to answering the "why"?

Sunday, November 26, 2006 9:08:00 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

To answer your question of "Why?", I am thankful for my parents because they give me shelter, food, water, and MONEY.

P.S. What does it mean when u put those bracket thingies around words? For example: I can't do it because the computer says no. So it is these thingies <

Tuesday, November 28, 2006 4:35:00 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

ok..now that i know what it means, i am thankful for Jesus..he has guided me along throughout my life. He has helped me through the hard times..and has given his life for us..

Tuesday, November 28, 2006 8:07:00 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm thankful that we are not like some other countries like the ones that have child labor or don't have enough money to even have a thanksgiving dinner. Most of the time i say i hate school but i'm glad we have it.

Wednesday, November 29, 2006 4:16:00 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am Thankful for the sun rising every day, beacause it means a new day to start over.

Saturday, December 02, 2006 2:22:00 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home